Yang Yang (杨扬)
Assistant Professor of Mathematical Sciences/Michigan Technological University
- Address: Fisher 312, 1400 Townsend Drive, Houghton, MI, 49931
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (906)-487-3039
- Ph.D. Applied Mathematics, Brown University, 2013. Advisor: Professor Chi-Wang Shu
- M.S. Applied Mathematics, Brown University, 2011.
- B.S. Mathematics, University of Science and Technology of China, 2009.
- Assistant Professor, Michigan Technological University, 2013-now.
- Discontinuous Galerkin methods for partial differential equations with blow-up solutions
- Superconvergence of discontinuous Galerkin methods
- Numerical cosmology
- Outstanding Teaching Award (Lecture/Assistant Professor Level), 2017
- REF-SCG Award, 2016 ($7500)
- New World Mathematics Award, Honorable Mention of PhD thesis
- SIAM Early Career Travel Award, 2015 ($2000)
- Outstanding Research Award (Junior Level), 2014, 2016
- Dunmu Ji Award, 2013
- The Simon Ostrach Fellowship Award, 2013